The sixteen-pillared structure popularly known as the Baradari is situated in the central portion of the open courtyard and is seen when we enter the main gate of the Roza. A beautiful structure with nine domes upheld by slender pillars and a floor paved with coloured stones, the Baradari stands in front of the Shaikh’s shrine. There is afolklore, which says that the excavation of the lake and the building of the Jama Masjid in its initial stages were supervised by Sheikh Ahmed Khattu himself from the Baradari. The mosque was later completed by Ahmad Shah’s grandson, Sultan Qutbuddin (r. 1451-58). The lake was further excavated and made larger by Sultan Mahmud Begda (r.1458-1511), who added the palaces on the south-western corner amidst flowering and fruit trees.
"Besides Jama Masjid, Hazrat Shaikh also arranged the excavation of a Hauz (pond) adjoining the Masjid for ablution, and felt elated when his guests visited it. People were of the belief that a bath in it would purify them and make them eligible for a place in the paradise into the next world. It appears that Sultan Mehmud excavated the same pond further on a grand scale. This beautiful tank touching the Jama Masjid on its south, covers about 17.5 acres of land, with steps of stone. It is rectangular in shape (800' x 700'). Its sluice (inlet of water) is at the back of Jama Masjid and is decorated and carved with all the elegance ordinarily seen in minarets and buttresses of mosques.
Lesser known structures-
Tomb of Ghizali Mash-hadi
This is one of the lesser known structures among the group of monuments at Sarkhej Roza. Believed to be the tomb of an Iranian poet Ghizhali Mash-hadi, it is tucked away from immediate public view, as it is situated behind the Queen’s palace.More research needs to be done to understand more about the background of the poet and why he came to Sarkhej. It is also interesting to note that his grave is positioned right in the middle of the open courtyard of the queen’s palace.
This structure, which is not so famous, lies within the Roza campus and can be seen when one takes the outer road for the palaces. This structure is supposed to be the tomb of noblemen, who were close to the king. Little else is known about it.